Tuesday, May 31, 2022

ARCTURUS THE RED GIANT STAR Taken by Philip Smith on May 31, 2022 @ Manorville, NY USA



On 05-31-22, I wanted to see if I could image the SW3 meteor shower. So I set up was my AP155 f7 refractor and a Canon MarkIII on my AP16000GTO mount with encoders. imaged Arcturus because the SW3 meteor shower was to come from the constellation Boötes that Arcturus is part of. I read it would be a big meteor shower and also read it would be a not show. I took a chance anyway. I first looking through a 40mm eyepiece to look at Arcturus first. It has bin a long time since I looked threw an eyepiece to observe anything in the night sky. I always have camera and a pc monitor to aid in all my visual viewing. It became a very moving and spiritual moment last night for me. We are hurling through space and time in not waiting for no one. I will be doing more visual observing. I imaged from my observatory in Manorville, NY. My set up was my AP 155 f7 refractor and a Canon MarkIII. Arcturus is a red giant star in the Northern Hemisphere of Earth's sky and the brightest star in the constellation Boötes (the herdsman). Arcturus is also among the brightest stars that can be seen from Earth. Astronomers say Arcturus will end up as a white dwarf at the end of its life. I got this info from https://www.space.com/22842-arcturus.html Please Note: Arcturus is an evolved red giant star with an early K-type stellar classification. It is frequently assigned the spectral type of K0III, but in 1989 was used as the spectral standard for type K1.5III Fe−0.5, with the suffix notation indicating a mild underabundance of iron compared to typical stars of its type. 


Info from: https://www.google.com/search?q=Arcturus+type+k+star&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS966US967&ei=twaWYu23NJKZwbkPlfCQmAI&ved=0ahUKEwit74vA24n4AhWSTDABHRU4BCMQ4dUDCA4&oq=Arcturus+type+k+star&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAxKBAhBGABKBAhGGABQAFiFA2D0F2gAcAF4AIABeYgBwgGSAQMxLjGYAQCgAQKgAQHAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz Kind Regards To ALL :-)


Photographer's website:

https://www.facebook.com/philip.smith.5686

No comments:

Post a Comment