Wednesday, August 21, 2024

THE MOON, SATURN...AND THE ISS! Taken by Thierry Legault on August 21, 2024 @ Castilla&Léon, Spain



Originally I planned to shot this occultation from the Canary Islands but having already taken images of the May 31 occultation from Argentina, I wanted something more challenging! 😉 Following transit-finder.com calculations and the weather forecast, I decided to install my telescope in Spain, in a precise place near the Almendra dam in Castilla&Leon. The stress was at maximum when I saw the ISS appearing at the horizon and passing in the frame of the camera exactly at the predicted time, just 30 minutes after the end of the occultation! 😛 The Moon and Saturn are a stack of a few hundred frames taken around the moment of the ISS transit.


Photographer's website:

https://www.astrophoto.fr

View Synonyms and Definitions

No comments:

Post a Comment