Saturday, January 4, 2020

QUADRANTIDS METEOR SHOWER Taken by Constantine Emmanouilidi on December 4, 2020 @ Rodokipos, Halkidiki, Greece



The weather was clear cold and dry and this motivated me to go out at -3 Celsius (26.6F) and make a few images just in case we had some good ZHR rate. I started imaging at 01:30 UT and finished after the sunrise measuring the ZHR and admiring the show. The speed of the meteors was not the same but all of them was not that fast and bright. There were many faint ones not shown in the image as well. I also noticed periods of bursts and longer intervals with no activity. Except for an ISS pass which isn't visible in this image, I had to check more than 700 images with many satellites which were very tedious to recognize and reject. I measured a maximum ZHR of 125 meteors around 03:40UT in my observing location.

No comments:

Post a Comment