Wednesday, September 9, 2020

MARS - MOON - CLOUDS Taken by Steve Rismiller on September 5, 2020 @ Mims, Florida


Here is a composite shot that I have been working on for a few days now. It was taken with a Canon T6i, 150 to 600mm telephoto lens set to F8 and 600mm, ISO 400, on a tripod from my back yard observing area on Sept 5th. I did not use a telescope but just observed with my eyes and the camera lens. The clouds in front of the moon made the picture. I took about 70 shots trying to get that perfect exposure. I bracketed from 5 seconds to 1/500 second. None of them showed the shot the way I wanted it to look. So I combined the best of 3 exposures to get this shot. The moon and Mars ended up at 1/160 second exposure. All the shots were in the RAW format and tweaked in Affinity Photo for the best detail and exposure. Then I combined all the images in Photoshop and made adjustments accordingly. So this final image is now more a piece of art rather than a true photo. BUT, this is the way I observed it and the way I wanted to remember it. I am sharing it so you too can see the colors of the clouds, moon, and Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment